Old 18-06-2004, 05:04 PM
NSF

Default Heron in the city

I had not seen a Heron at my pond until I put a fake one next to it then I
lost half my stock.
I now use an electronic scarecrow -- the one that has a
motion sensor and sprays water and I haven't lost anymore fish

"Steve (Dart)" wrote in message
Heron are quite territorial. If you can find a fake one, place that next

your pond and that should fix the problem.
You may also want to string some fishing line up, a few strands here and
there, the birds will get ****ed off and not bother for fear of getting
tangles.
good luck.
Let us know what works for you

"Pepperqueen" wrote in message
Hello!
This is my first time to this group, and i'm glad to find it!! My

question
is, today, for the first time that i've noticed a heron on my deck which
over looks my pond which is: a 220gallon pond, 58" x 94" x 18". We do

live
in the city, luckily i have a mesh covering the pond, because alot of

our
neighbors have cats that enter our garden, plus at night we have spotted

skunk. I do have large goldfish, as well as tadpoles and small frogs.
How can I deter this heron from returning again?
Thank you,
Deb.