Old 18-06-2004, 07:04 PM
chagoi

Default water hyacinth

Coffee wrote:

Thanks guys,
I knew there was something you could add but since I don't use anything in
my pond I wasn't sure what, or how much.
Where can he get this potash from?
Would Home Depot have it?
Patty

Check your local Farm Bureau, some HD carry it.
If your around the eastern part of Pa. Tatamy Farm Bureau is where I
got mine.

Look for Murate of Potash or Sulfate of Potash. The bag should have the
proportions listed as something like 0-0-30, or 0-0-50.

0% Nitrogen
0% Phosphorus
50% Potasium

"chagoi" wrote in message

Coffee wrote:

My neighbor is having a problem with his hyacinth. It's not growing

and spreading like mine and is browning at the edges--looks like its
dying. The fish looked fine -his water is alittle green. We have had rain every
day here in PA but my plants are doing great. What could be the problem
and how can he fix it? We are only 2 blocks away from each other-same water
and all.

snip

I am normally against dosing haphazardly, but since Potash is a relatively
safe addition to the pond, I'll chime in that I agree. My plants seem to
yellow, and then go back to green when I does with Potash. I use a fat
tablespoon per 1000 gallons, every few weeks.

BV.

I usually use 1 tablespoons / 1000 gal / week With no ill effects.

Chagoi
http://ourkoipond.com
Easton Pa.

-- I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.