Old 18-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default Aphids again!!

RainLover wrote:

I suggest NOT buying ladybugs through mail order. They have a homeing
tendency and will all leave your garden within days of releasing them unless
they were born locally.

(Okay, and NOW is where everyone who hasn't had this happen will chime in at
tell their stories) :-)

So tempting James.... *grin* Actaully, everything I have learned from
some quite reputable sources back up your statement. This is why I
never went that route.

OTOH *grin* I put up a ladybug/ladybird (if your across the "pond") box
in my garden which I "seeded" with some kind of liquid pheromone (I
think) attractant and powdered food. (Both of these came with the box I
ordered.) The ladybugs, came, nested and now happily live amongst my
rose bushes munching aphids. (google ladybug house - I bought my from
http://BestNest.com )

Susan