Old 19-06-2004, 01:04 AM
nswong

Default Compost Usage

On 17 Jun 2004 10:07:37 -0700, (Jay Chan) wrote:

I will use my leaf compost regardless the low nutrition level that it
may have.

Nutrition level are vary with the type of leaf make up the compost.
Supplement what is lack of by the leaf to the compost pile will solve
this problem, and are better than adding the supplement directly to
soil.

The reason is that I depend on the compost to improve the
sandy soil in my vegetable garden.

Mix about 10% of clay to your compost heap, the completed compost will
work better for sandy soil than normal compost, and the clay humus
form by this way will last a lot longer than other humus.

Regards,
Wong

--
Latitude: 06.10N Longitude: 102.17E Altitude: 5m