Old 19-06-2004, 01:11 AM
Chip Stein

Default B&S Vanguard 8 hp shooting oil out OHV vent hose....help!

"mudpiemaker42" wrote in message link.net...
if it only has 10 hrs. on it take it to a Briggs and Stratton dealer it will
still be under warranty
"Dr. John" wrote in message
om...
I have a Karcher Power Washer w/ a B&S Vanguard engine. It is like
new, maybe 10 hrs. use. It had been sitting for 6 mo. When I started
it, it was smoking badly, and then shut down. I looked at the air
cleaner and oil was dripping out in large quantity.
There is a vent hose running from the OHV cover to the air filter,
which I discover was the source of the oil.
Any ideas where to go from here?
Thanks,
John

stuck rings or a blown head gasket. it's the only ways you have
that much pressure in the valve covers. i'd lean toward the gasket.
Chip