Old 19-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Alison

Default Dividing a brassia?

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message nk.net...
Alison,

You don't state the size of the pot the plant is currently growing in now.
If it's less than or equal to a 6 inch pot then you should consider taking
it up a pot size.

If it's in a larger pot 8, 10, 12 inch then you could divide it in half and
put a piece back into the current pot. You could keep the other piece and
pot it up or give it to a gardening friend. Be sure that each piece has a
growing end putting out new growth.

I recieved a single backbulb of a brassia from a friend about 6 years ago.
It has grown over the years to fill a 8 inch pot and could be divided now.
It took 3 years for that single backbulb to bloom.

Good growing,
Gene

It's a 10 inch pot. This was why I thought I should divide it. But
are the leafless back bulbs likely to get new growth? They don't
currently have growing ends, just a "dead" (?) end and the end that is
attached to the newer bulbs. I would still have 3 or 4 bulbs on the
parts that were repotted.

Alison