Old 19-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Alison

Default Dividing a brassia?

"V_coerulea" wrote in message .. .
A net pot buried in the center of a large pot to allow air circulation is a
great idea. I've been doing the same when planting in a 12" HB by placing a
layer of 2 1/2" pots or large lava rock on the bottom and covering with
gutter-guard, then planting as usual. The specimens grow large and lush with
no problems of rot or media degrading due to the increased air circulation.
I think anyone planning to pot an epiphyte to 5" pot size should consider
one of these mehods.
Gary

Forgive a dumb-beginner question, but what's gutter guard?
What could I use in place of a net pot? I live in the middle of
nowhere & such things are not available here.

Alison