Old 19-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Brian

Default Potted Lilac Bush Question

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
I've temporarily planted a very small lilac bush in a
pot with plans to transplant it to the yard in the fall.
(I'm in central Texas.) Until recently everything has
been fine, but now I'm noticing what appears to be a layer
of mold/mildew (green stuff) on the surface of the dirt in
the pot.

Is it a problem? Should I skim it off the surface? Should I
do something more drastic?

Thanks in advance.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617

This 'green stuff' will be either algae, liverworts or moss. Will
cause no problems.
Over-watering has been the cause and as they have no roots will soon clear
up when the watering is corrected. It cannot be a mould [US. mold]~~they
don't photosynthesise.
Regards Brian.