Old 19-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Mike Patterson

Default Extreme Ponding - was My leech bite - an update

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 06:30:10 -0500, "Jim and Phyllis Hurley"
wrote:

snip
Ponding is such a dangerous sport.

May your ponding be without further incident.

Phyllis and Jim

Hmmmm, "Extreme Ponding"?

Let's see, what would some of the events be...

Early Spring Deepwater Lily Planting
-Self-explanatory. The catch - no underwear allowed. (Brrrr!)

Heron Ambushing
- This event bears some similarity to Greyhound racing, only a
simulated Heron is used in place of a rabbit, and the participants
start from behind a Rhododendron bush. Points are subtracted from a
contestant's score for trampling freshly-planted Petunias.

One-Handed Snapping Turtle Capture
- Some participants may start with TWO hands, but eventually most end
up with ONE. Some Die-hard Extreme Ponders may eventually switch to
"No Hands Snapping Turtle Capture", which presents some possible
mental pictures I'd rather not pursue in this family-oriented venue.

The "BeeVee"
- In which the participant plants floating vegetation using the
world-reknown "BV" method...the trick being that the choice of
beverage employed during the event is randomly selected by the
blindfolded participant from a cooler containing bottled waters,
unsweetened tea, cheap box wine, a nice imported Pale Ale, and
(shudder!) Busch "Beer". This event requires nerves of steel, and
sometimes a similarly constructed palate as well.

Anyone have other suggestions for events?

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."