Old 19-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Ka30P

Default mosquito tips

Hi Kirsten!
Mosquito larvae can live in tiny pockets of water, in the 'v' of tree branches,
forgotten dog dishes, the inside of abandoned tires, temporary pools that form
from wet springs (even here in our arid climate).

While mosquitoes will come around your pond looking for egg laying sites you've
also attracted all sorts of mosquito preying insects. Damsel and Dragonflies
are huge mosquito comsumers.

If you are worried there is no harm in adding a mosquito dunk to your pond. It
is safe for your fish. Go to Froogle.com and type in Mosquito Dunks.
Also using mosquito repellent on yourself and family is wise, while your yard
is not contributing to the problem there are still plenty of places out there
for mosquitoes to breed.

I feel my yard is relatively mosquito free because of our ponds. I have so
many damsel and dragonflies out there it sometimes feels like I'm in an airport
flight path and they are so fun to watch.

kathy :-)
algae primer