Old 19-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Janet

Default Rec.ponds Roll Call?

--

"matrix j" wrote in message
Just wondering if rec.ponds ever does a roll call every now and then?

Just to see where everyone is from and what other interests and hobbies
they may have?

Janet in Niagara Falls, Canada here. Married to a wonderful guy for 16 years
now. We have 3 great kids, 15,12 and 9 that love the ponds and fish.
Currently our setup is a 200 gallon top pond-veggie filter that feeds a 35
foot winding stream coming down a hill. It empties into a 300 gallon bottom
pond filled with plants and comets. Currently we are getting motivated to
dig some more and almost triple the size of the lower pond. (Think good
Niagara Clay! Yuck!) Some day I'll have my koi pond but that can't happen
until the kids are done with the pool! ;o) We've been at this property only
3 summers so I figure we're doing good considering there was nothing in the
backyard but a pool and gravel.Now we have stone walls, retaining walls and
lots of wooden decks. The other project that is supposed to get done this
summer is to cut a 10'x19' patio into the remaining hill. Last property was
a farm complete with cows, geese, etc. I had a wonderful clay bottom pond
that was probably close on 10,000 gallons. We stocked it with koi but sadly
left them behind when we moved.

The only real hobby here is gardening, ponding and supervising pool use in
the summer. Winter, well it's reading everything I can get my hands on. )
Just one crazy dog here now, a jack-a-poo who thinks that anything floating
in the lower pond is fair game. Ever see a 8 pound dog patiently wait for a
WH to float close enough to gracefully lift it out of the pond that proceed
to attack it and rip it to shreads? LOL! He thinks the fish are his pets and
partakes in "fish kisses" every night. The Manx tomcat has absolutely no use
for the ponds or fish after falling in last summer! D

Janet in warm, sunny Niagara Falls