Old 26-01-2003, 06:03 AM

Default For the older ponders...

you really dont want to be confused with the facts, right?
"McDonald's consistently keeps its coffee at 185 degrees, still approximately 20
degrees or more hotter than at other restaurants. Third degree burns occur at this
temperature in just two to seven seconds, requiring skin grafting, debridement and
whirlpool treatments"
http://www.tap-water-burn.com/ for a picture of what a scalding burn looks like at
160o F

I just tested the temperature of my coffee sitting in the pot on the heater. It is
74oC or 165oF. When I pour myself a cup during or right after it is done brewing I
never burn the inside of my mouth at this temperature. It was a real shock the first
time I got a cup of McAssholes coffee, took a sip and burned the inside of my mouth.
Cant remember if I spewed it out onto their floor or not. Of course nobody warned me
the coffee was scalding hot. Not like my favorite pizza place always reminds us the
pizza is right out of the oven and dont touch the metal pan.

It is pointless to put the temp of coffee up to where people cannot drink it right
away. It is only done to save somebody some money..

lets see.... they save maybe 1 million per day on that second cup. Now (IIRC) that
is 700 people sued in the last 10 years, average win unknown cause they settled in
secret. Lets say 200K. So that is 3.65 billion dollars - 0.140 billion in lawsuits.
They are ahead 3.15 billion by heating that coffee. That is the kind of cost to suit
ratio should warm (?) the cockles of any vile corporate CEO
whatever-they-have-instead-of-a-heart.

Why the hell dont they just lower the temp and everyone PAYS for that second cup. I
mean it really is stupid to hand somebody a cup of scalding hot liquid out a window
into a car ... those people are not going to ASK for a second cup. Ingrid

KenCo wrote:

wrote:

It looks like somebody isnt smart enough to comprehend the difference between hot and
scalding hot coffee....

im not trying to start any wars but!
boiling water is 212? last time I checked
scalding is over 140-150F.

the burners/warmers arent made by McD's,
they have the same settings all over.
and most places keep them on "high"

KenCo wrote:
who would be stupid enough to admit that
they were too dumb not to know that coffee,
chilli etc etc is HOT????