Old 19-06-2004, 11:02 PM
Marley1372

Default When Weed Killer Doesn't

This product actually has glyphosate(roundup) in it, but at a much lower rate
than in roundup. You may want to look at the dillution rates and see if you
are using too much water in the mix. There are a few other factors to consider
with glyphosate: If you are using dirty water(from a pond) or if your sprayer
needs to be cleaned, this could make the treatments ineffective, since the
chemical bonds readily with soil particles. Another factor is the weather. If
you have been having cool, cloudy days in your area, this can slow down the
process since the plants arent growing as activley. The weeds you mentioned
are all perennials, and sometimes they need 2 applications to really do the
trick, especially for things like poison ivy. Glyphosate takes time to work,
sometimes it can take a week or more(longer for perennials) before you see dead
plants. I would wait and see, those three plants you mention are tough to deal
with in the first place. You might try actual roundup instead because the
concentration is alot higher. There are a ton of other products containing
glyphosate that are cheaper and work just as well, just read the label. I hope
you have better luck in the future.

Toad