Old 20-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Norma J. Briggs

Default Organic remedy for stink bugs?

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
hayduke wrote:
Are these bugs a problem or just a nuisance? I've noticed a bunch on my
tomatoes also, they didn't *seem* to be doing any harm, but I haven't
looked too closely.

Stink bugs can be both problem and helper. I have been reading that they
feed on aphids-so that is good of course. The bad they do is puncture the
tomato itself and feed off it, leaving the resulting tomato with at worse
little white specks on it.

I have share the concern with you, I battled them this year myself. I
eventually found that the best chemical control was the 2.00 powder from the
dollar store, it is Pyrethrum and labeled garden and pet pest killer. I just
squirt it around.

Good luck to you! Those critters are stubborn and don't like to leave. I
eventually gave up fighting when I learned they eat aphids. I would rather
have tomatoes with white specks than aphid invested plants.

I am thinking for next year I will order ladybugs and praying mantis' and
let them do the work.

If I could just find an insect to eat snails and slugs!

---