Old 20-06-2004, 04:02 AM
Beth Pierce

Default Zucchini rot / organic garden

Dusty Davis dustydavis - at - gmail.com wrote in message news:2004061412353170377%dustydavisatgmailcom@new s.charter.net...
I've searched for info and come across two possible causes: calcium
deficiency or too much moisture. I haven't done a soil test, so I'm not
sure about the calcium. I'm using a drip system, but I also do overhead
watering quite a bit - perhaps that is the problem? If I did supplement
the soil, is there an organic or relatively natural method?

I had this same problem with my tomatoes. It was a calcium
deficiency. What cured it was that I put shredded paper around my
plants. Apparently, there is enough calcium in paper pulp that helps
this along. I used paper from my household paper shredder. Those
household bills certainly helped my tomatoes!