Old 20-06-2004, 04:02 AM
Phisherman

Default Organic slug killer

On 19 Jun 2004 19:04:56 -0700, (Beth Pierce)
wrote:

I have been having a problem with slugs in my vegetable garden.
Apparently, I didn't do something with the soil last fall and I have
bazillions of baby slugs feasting on my lettuce, cabbage and beans. I
found information on making slug traps by cutting "windows" into the
upper parts of empty 8 oz. containers such as those that hold sour
cream, placing the container in the ground, and partially filling it
with beer. Then I'd place the lid on it to keep out the rain.
Marvelous idea, I thought--until tonight when I came out into my
garden and saw that a skunk had attacked the containers. Now I am
quite familiar with the term "Drunk as a skunk".

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas as to an organic slug killer?
Other than going out there every night with a flashlight and
physically removing them. I was thinking of sprinkling salt on the
"feasting tables" but then realized it would probably burn the plants.

Thank you.

Iron phosphate. It's good for plants, bad for slugs. I believe the
product "Sluggo" has iron phosphate. Table salt is not good for most
plants.