Old 20-06-2004, 08:02 AM
Mike Akre

Default My lawn looks better than it ever has.

--
AkreM
http://www.geocities.com/mikeakrem/
wrote in message

snip

It will be better next year, because I plan to overseed the backyard
this fall.

Thanks, everyone!

heh....... I think if truth be told, I HAD the worst lawn and is just now
starting to do something.

My wife and I bought our house last February. The lawn looked like,
well.....how would I put this? 2 inches of very crappy dry dirt with an old
river bed of rocks and bigger rocks past the 2" depth.. Ugh! Picture if you
will, a driveway with some little rocks and tons of weeds with hard soil.
That's my lawn!

well not anymore......

I took this advice found on the web. Link is below.

My lawn still needs a "little" work with some grass seed patching in small
areas but damn...do I have the greenest lawn on the block! All I have done
is used my Metal Rake to loosen the very top part of the soil and spread
some seed and 2 months later...BAM! Yes, I am proud of this. My 1st lawn as
a home owner and Boom....I did ok!

I would like to share that link that helped me. For all the green thumbs out
there.

http://www.richsoil.com/lawn/

It's awesome. and NO, It's not my site but wanted to share this awesome
advice to those beginners out there such as I needed.

AkreM