Old 20-06-2004, 01:02 PM

Default dogwood fungus

We had a similar problem with our dogwood last year and acted too late
to save lower branches then. This year we have sprayed the tree when
budding and the upper branches seem fine. The lower branches affected
last year have very few buds and leaves. My question is, will these
lower branches fill out or stay sparse? Should I trim them or leave
them if they stay sparse?

Thanks,
John

In article ,
Felder wrote:

Seth Ness ) wrote...
Hi,

I know next to nothing about gardening, but i have two trees that seem
to have some fungus.

the first is a dogwood that has this greenish mold all over the trunk
and branches and has a few leaves with black spots, though most look
fine. the flowers had brown edges and seemed to die quickly.

Hi Seth. I have had similar problems with my Dogwood. Flowers would drop
quickly and the leaves would soon turn a blackish-purple and drop. This
year I have been spraying it with a fungicide and it's doing terrific.
This spring has not been as wet either. So, I'd say go to a garden
center and ask for a fungicide for your dogwood and follow the
directions on the bottle.

-Felder