Old 20-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Robert

Default Why is our climber not climbing?

Sally Thompson wrote:
: Two years ago we bought a Paul's Himalayan Musk to go over our rose
: arch. Last year it bloomed well, was fragrant, and looked just like
: the pictures of this variety. However, although this year it is
: obviously about to flower, it is not climbing at all. In the David
: Austin catalogue (not where we bought it) it is listed as vigorous, so
: I'm a bit puzzled. Does anyone else know if they are slow to get
: going? The other possibiliity, of course, is that we don't have a
: climber at all but have been sold a look-alike.

do you have an open soil, I just wondered if it the roots were contained in
some way?