Old 20-06-2004, 09:58 PM
Sally Thompson

Default Why is our climber not climbing?

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 20:33:28 +0100, Kay
wrote:

In article , Sally Thompson
writes

Two years ago we bought a Paul's Himalayan Musk to go over our rose
arch. Last year it bloomed well, was fragrant, and looked just like
the pictures of this variety. However, although this year it is
obviously about to flower, it is not climbing at all. In the David
Austin catalogue (not where we bought it) it is listed as vigorous, so
I'm a bit puzzled. Does anyone else know if they are slow to get
going? The other possibiliity, of course, is that we don't have a
climber at all but have been sold a look-alike.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'it is not climbing at all'. Are we
talking about the rose here? Or is there some other PHM? If it is the
rose, do you mean that you don't have any long non-flowering new shoots?

Yes, sorry Kay, I realise that I didn't specify it was a rose. It is
growing happily but not beginning to climb over the arch. Are we
being too impatient do you think?

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Reply To address is spam trap