Old 20-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Alan Connor

Default New guy

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 00:44:29 -0700, The Independent wrote:

Alan Connor wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:47:28 -0700, The Independent wrote:

Oh I forgot Ignore Alan Connor all the time. He is a troll pure and
simple.
He claims to live in the deep dark woods, well as a computer consultant
for a large IBM 3090 VMS system running CICS and for the US Forest
Service there are no deep dark woods left in the lower 48 states.

90% of all forest land has been logged in the last 130 years with 70% of
it logged from 1940. The Forest service finished detailed mapping with
field checking in 1982.

http://www.sharplogger.vt.edu/virginiasfi/faq.html

quote

Are America?s forests in danger?
Not at all. Because the United States practices
reforestation, its forests have actually grown in size over
the past century. About one-third of the United States?731
million acres?is covered with trees. That?s about
two-thirds of the forestland that existed when Columbus
discovered America. In fact, we have more trees today than
we had 70 years ago. Scientists estimate that America?s
forestlands contain some 230 billion trees?around 1,000 for
each person. And some 4 million more trees are being
planted each day. On the nation?s commercial forests, net
annual growth exceeds harvests and losses to insects and
disease by an impressive 27 percent each year.

How much actual timberland does America have?
Two-thirds of America?s forestland, some 518 million acres,
is classified as "timberland," forest capable of growing 20
cubic feet per acre per year. About 34.5 million acres of
productive U.S. timberland?an area the size of Florida?are
set aside for non-timber uses by law as parks or wilderness
areas. The remaining 483 million acres are classified as
"commercial timberland" and can be used for growing and
harvesting repeated crops of trees. But even in these
forested areas, portions are permanently set aside for
non-commercial uses such as recreation, streamside
protection and wildlife habitat. Of the 191 million acres
contained within the National Forest System, only 57
million acres are available for timber harvesting.

/quote

Jim gets upset whenever anyone points out that having a gun
and being safe are not the same thing...

Hey Jim! Since you know where I *don't* live, then you must
know where I *do* live.

Why don't you post the directions to my location for everyone
to see?

Better yet, come and try to shoot me with your Big Bad Gun.

No problem, right? No trees to hide in....

Bring a camera, okay? That way I can post an image of you.
with your gun sticking out of your asshole.

snip the balance of Jim's latest attempt to make everyone
in the world think that he is a complete fool

AC

--
"The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a
comfortable living from a small piece of land." -Abraham Lincoln