Old 20-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Robbin

Default organic or less-bad chigger killer?

Here is a link to a chigger info page from a company which I have used in
the past. According to them Permethrin kills chiggars and is safe to use
around children and pets.

http://pestproducts.com/chiggers.htm

BTW -- if you have any type of flea problem, they also sell Archer IGR
(insect growth regulator). This is the same IGR used in Biospot. It was
highly recommended by my vet, but they were under the impression that you
have to be a professional exterminator to apply it. You don't, it's just
hard to find.

http://www.pestproducts.com/archer.htm

You can research Archer (Nylar) by its chemical name pyriproxyfen. Oh yeah,
it is effective against roaches and fire ants also!

"Chris" wrote in message
My yard has become a breeding ground for chiggers so badly that you take
your sanity into your hands when you go outside for any length of time.
Does anyone have a good remedy they will share? I hate the little

*******s
and will kill them using whatever means necessary but before I drop a

poisen
bomb on them I'd *much* rather try a more nature-friendly alternative.

Thanks,
Chris