Old 21-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Xi Wang

Default Question about roots

Hi list,

I've some recently purchased Phals/Dtps with broken roots, and I'm
wondering what will become of them. The roots are not completely
severed, but I guess the best way to describe them are that they have
segments of root which are still attached to the plant via the central
root core (I don't know if there's a technical term for this). See diagram:

Will the distal portion of the root survive and be able to exchange
nutrients with the planth throug the core, or should it be trimmed away
as it will eventually die and rot off anyway?

Cheers,
Xi