Old 21-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Ann

Default Russian sage question.

"madgardener" expounded:

There are SOME perennials that like it rich. Sedums(some), blooming bushes,
hosta's, bulbs, daylilies,apparently Soladago does, and so does purple
Loosestrife and Gooseneck loosestrife, and ground covers.......but the rest
of them, the composites and sages and bee balm and such grow prone in rich
soil. I can't tell you the plants I've lost due to rich soils.........but
then, it could just be ME.............

Nah, it isn't just you, Mad, I've got the same problem. My verbascums
re laying right now all over the grass, the stems are too floppy (and
tall) to stand upright. I've got to remember, compost only, no
fertilizer!!
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA