Old 21-06-2004, 02:09 AM
MSEagan

Default Riding Lawn Tractor

We bought the John Deere 110 at the end of the season last year and my
husband uses it on our slightly less than 1 acre yard. He loves it and
actually looks forward to cutting the grass now. I think (but ask if you are
interested in this) you can buy a seat with a higher back for this tractor.

"John" wrote in message
For that money (actually just slightly more) the John Deere stuff is going
to make you happier than the Craftsman. I'm speaking from my own

experience.
I have a 3 year old John Deere that is now the L110 and costs about 1650

at
home depot. It's a 17.5hp Kohler single with a 42 inch deck that mulches,
blows or bags (bagger of course is extra if you want it). I mow about the
same size yard as you and I am very pleased with the mower. Smooth and

quiet
for a single cylinder mower. I've owned Craftsman and this is just far
better. It's not going to be like the heavier more expensive JD's but

still
a far better product for the money.

John

"Dave R" wrote in message
I am new to this group so I don't know if this subject has been covered.

would like some opinions on which riding lawn mowers are best for around
$1500. We've been looking on the net at Sears and Lowes and I'm kinda of
going towards Sears. We live in the east and our yard is only about 1/2
acre. I'm disabled so the old push mower must go. Any information would

be
helpful. Thanks.