Old 21-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Amy D

Default Bush and his religion?

'enry VIII wrote:

"John A. Keslick, Jr." wrote in message

Man's first responsibility was to care for the garden, (Genesis 2-15).

I don't happen to believe that bible crap but Bush appears to and that is
the reason that he is raping the enviorment and getting us into trouble
around the world.

He actually thinks that some bible "God" gave Earth to man to do with it as
they wish, use everything and leave nothing for the wildlife to live on.

He also thinks that he is doing bible "God's" work by attacking other
countries.

Which is the exact same thing the terrorists believe.....

I personally think that he is a good person but delusional.

I agree. I thought he was a "breath of fresh air" when he won the
election...didn't take me long to think otherwise.....

The bible is fiction, a myth, baloney, made up by sheephearders 2000 years
ago, get over it and get a life!

http://biblebabble.curbjaw.com/godl01.htm

"Contrary to popular assumption the Bible did not descend from heaven
carried by flocks of angels, nor was it dictated to mortal scribes by a god;
it was written and embellished by some 40 authors - prophets, kings,
politicians and clergymen in a variety of styles over a 1600 year period. It
was written in Hebrew, Greek (vernacular), Aramaic, Syriac, Coptic and
Latin. On stone, wood, clay, goatskin and papyrus. However the foundations
of Christianity and Bible we know today were laid by religious bureaucrats
of the 4th century AD, when the first Roman Emperor to convert to
Christianity, Constantine the Great (274-337 AD), needed a single canon to
constitute the Christian faith in hopes of unifying a cracking empire. Until
this time Christian leaders could not agree on Christ's relationship to God,
or which texts should be considered the word of god and which should not.
Two meetings were convened at Nicaea, in what's today northwest Turkey, to
codify the emerging religion. The first in 325AD and second in 787AD. During
the momentous first Council of Nicaea delegates debated pertinent
theological issues, such as the divinity of Jesus Christ; proposed books for
inclusion in the sacred canon and voted the word of god into existence."

"The central tenets of Christianity is that Jesus of Nazareth was the son of
god, one part of a divine trinity: born of a virgin, he preached to the
masses, suffered, died on the cross for the sins of man and rose from the
dead on the third day. This, along with the belief that his birth was
preceded by miraculous events, political intrigue and heralded by wise-men
form the foundation of the Christian faith. However Christianity is either
peppered with themes coincidentally similar to much older Eastern religions,
or these similarities are proof positive that church founders plagiarized
other faiths: "

'enry VIII