Old 21-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Ann

Default Russian sage question.

"Vox Humana" expounded:

Do you suppose that is the problem with my alchemilla? It always flops when
it flowers, but that's how I have seen it in display gardens also. I would
gladly not fertilize it if it would help keep it upright.

Most likely. I broadcast a general purpose bulb type organic
fertilizer in the spring for all the bulbs, iris and peonies I've got
everywhere, and even though it's not high in nitrogen, it just might
be too much for some of the other perennials. I've got lovely iris,
peonies and daffs (among others), though!!! G

This year I spread compost over everything (I had an old compost pile
that I sifted and used). I've got lambs quarters all over the place,
but things seem better, except those damned verbascums!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA