Old 21-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Water Lily Holes

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
m...
I think someone just mentioned this but I cant find it. Very frequently

my
lily leaves develope little 1/8" brown brown circles, they multiply, the
leaf yellows and dies. It is never on the newest leaves. Is this a

calling
for Potash or just part of the life cycle.

I find that once the summer gets going, the lillies go crazy and pruning
dead leaves is a near daily thing. This year I potted my lily in stones, and
it is not doing so well, so I have not had the maintenance. When the leaves
do turn brown, small holes seem to be part of the norm, at least they were
last year. Now, I must also disclaim that I had an aphid issue last year
from some imported water lettuce, so they could have been part of the
problem.

My big problem this year is the dern frogs. They are all sitting on my lotus
leaves, and their amorous behaviour is scratching and tearing the leaves.

BV.