Old 21-06-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Trickle down veggie filter ?

I want to put permanent PVC "pipes" in the VF so I can just hook up my wet dry to
them and suction out crud. but actually it is easier to wait until fall when I pull
all the plants out. Ingrid

"Benign Vanilla" wrote:

"GrannyGrump" wrote in message
.. .

In your configuration all the crud is going to be on top and you will

have to lift
those heavy filters out and clean them. further, the weight of the water

shoves the
fine particles down into (and thru) the filter material making it a lot

harder to
clean. plants wont grow well if shaded.

But top cleaning will be easier for me, by using a wet/dry shop vac to
clean with...

Guess I'll just have to play with it until I get it so it works for me

Plants won't be shaded much.

I think you have a cool idea, but Ingrid is right. Whatever work you think
you will have, will actually be at least double. Let gravity do the work for
you if possible. Trust me, you'll be happy you did. My VF is only 12-18
inches deep, so by design it's easy to clean out. Now that the landscaping
is growing in though, it's not as easy as it should be. LOL.

BV.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com