Old 21-06-2004, 06:03 PM
paghat

Default Bush and his religion?

In article ,
wrote:

Either way, I know Nader is going to **** it all up again. Thank you Ralph
Nader. Gee wiz. Does he WANT the idiot to be president again?

Ralph Nader robbed me once.

It was back in the days of the Larry King radio show. Up till then Nader
was one of my minor heros because he was a good-looking even though kind
of creepy guy who never lets anyone inside his filthy apartment & only
owned one pair of shoes & a bunch of cheap look-alike rumpled suits. I'm
not making that up. He seemed so crazy I just had this fond feeling about
him. Gotta give some credit to a guy who manifests so many nutty traits
yet gets that far in life.

Plus of course there were those progressive politics which I found
generally agreeable, & I forgave him even his occasional lapses into
antisemitism; he posses a mythology of Cruel Jews & Harmless Palestinians,
perhaps inescapable given that Ralphy is Lebanese American, & I tried not
to focus too much on his lapses, just like I forgave Jackson his Hymie
Town remark.

But then Ralph robbed me personally, just plain stole my money, & I have
ever since thought of him primarily as a thieving scoundral.

On the Larry King show he was fundraising for his organization without
admitting what he was doing. For $5 each or $20 total, he explained
repeatedly, you could get four important consumer guides. I sent off my
money & what I got was four badly xeroxed sheets of paper with a few very
obvioius generic statements for consumers -- along with a request for more
money.

He remains on my shitlist until he returns the money he stole from me.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Visit the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com