Old 21-06-2004, 06:06 PM
S. S. Tsay

Default bumps on tomato stems

Hi,

First time gardener here. I've got some weird bumps showing up on the
stems of my tomato plants. The clearest picture of them is this one:

http://fdl.port5.com/garden/dscn0758.jpg

Also, fairly clear he

http://fdl.port5.com/garden/dscn0769.jpg

Basically, what are these, and should I be worried about them?

I've also got a ton of flea-looking bugs hanging out under the leaves
that I'm told are aphids. It has been suggested that I use Ortho
Bug-B-Gone or Wettable Sevin to get rid of them. A spider built a web
inside my biggest plant and he appears to catch a lot of them so I'll
let him live there. The clearest picture of the bugs are he

http://fdl.port5.com/garden/dscn0765.jpg

They are not very clear because they are too small for my camera to
zoom in on them.

Confirmation that the bugs are aphids and that using either of those
products to get rid of them would also be appreciated.

There are a few other pictures of the bugs and bumps in this
directory:
http://fdl.port5.com/garden/

Thanks a lot for any help!

TS