Old 21-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Eric Hunt

Default Article in Today's Washington Post

Mike,

Fair use, babe. We're all essentially researchers learning about orchids in
this newsgroup. What's the difference in posting it here rather than the
library having the article put into a circular file on orchids that everyone
goes and reads? Or someone bringing it to an OS meeting and letting everyone
read it? The medium is different - not the outcome.

Furthermore, no one entity is charging everyone here a fee in order to read
this newsgroup, so there is no one financially benefitting from the posting.
(ps. we all pay some way or another to use the internet, which is different)

I will go after people personally making money off of my photographs, but I
constantly let orchid societies and researchers use my photographs in all
kinds of places for educational uses.

I can't tell if you were trolling for a fight or just pointing out what you
thought was a discrepancy. I hope it's the latter, because I won't
participate in the former.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"Michael Gerzog" wrote in message
om...
"Eric Hunt" wrote in message

Anyone want to post it here for those of us who won't register at news
sites?

-Eric in SF

You might want to re-read
http://www.orchidphotos.org/photousepolicy.html before making such
requests. Or did you assume Gene would of course request permission
from the Post before copying it here?

MG