Old 21-06-2004, 08:05 PM
escapee

Default Bush and his religion?

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:22:06 -0700, (paghat)
opined:

In article ,
wrote:

Either way, I know Nader is going to **** it all up again. Thank you Ralph
Nader. Gee wiz. Does he WANT the idiot to be president again?

Ralph Nader robbed me once.

It was back in the days of the Larry King radio show. Up till then Nader
was one of my minor heros because he was a good-looking even though kind
of creepy guy who never lets anyone inside his filthy apartment & only
owned one pair of shoes & a bunch of cheap look-alike rumpled suits. I'm
not making that up. He seemed so crazy I just had this fond feeling about
him. Gotta give some credit to a guy who manifests so many nutty traits
yet gets that far in life.

I absolutely understand what you are saying. I'll go as far as saying I like
Nader very much. He is borderline Mr. Rogers-ish (icky), but I'll give him
credit for trying to "spacialize" our political machine. However, he is going
to take votes away from Kerry by seeking gain with the college crowd. They are
well meaning, and I too believe we need a better system which would eliminate
the two party system, but this is not the way to go about it. IMO.

Plus of course there were those progressive politics which I found
generally agreeable, & I forgave him even his occasional lapses into
antisemitism; he posses a mythology of Cruel Jews & Harmless Palestinians,
perhaps inescapable given that Ralphy is Lebanese American, & I tried not
to focus too much on his lapses, just like I forgave Jackson his Hymie
Town remark.

I saw these instances as virtually benign and moved on. Everybody has their
reasons within their culture and New York is a wide open cultural mash. I think
most of us who lived in New York most of our lives laughed at the Jackson
comment, knowing what he meant by it. It's all local...if you know what I mean.

But then Ralph robbed me personally, just plain stole my money, & I have
ever since thought of him primarily as a thieving scoundral.

On the Larry King show he was fundraising for his organization without
admitting what he was doing. For $5 each or $20 total, he explained
repeatedly, you could get four important consumer guides. I sent off my
money & what I got was four badly xeroxed sheets of paper with a few very
obvioius generic statements for consumers -- along with a request for more
money.

He remains on my shitlist until he returns the money he stole from me.

-paghat the ratgirl

Ah, I remember that, but didn't send the money. I could see where you'd be
skeptical. Personally, I wish he'd go away and stay away. Let people with a
bit of credibility jump in there.

I would have liked it very much if McCaine (sp?) would have jumped the party and
roomed with Kerry. I think we'd have a good shot of 16 years to sew up the
chasms created by our current administration (if we can call it that).

Victoria

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?