Old 21-06-2004, 11:05 PM
grubber

Default Okay......

"how" wrote in message

"Mary kate" wrote in message
snip
I'm drawing diagrams and reading a bunch. first question ? The pond
will cover an area 24' by 28' when all is said and done...so how do I
figure out how many gallons that will be...what's the formula ?
second question.....I know it will take this summer, plus over the
winter, to plan out this project, so can anyone suggest a book that
tells you start to finish. Or what authors are good ones ? p.s. the
pond will be inground

Hi,
The LxWxDx7.481 = gallons will be close but any pondbuilder worth his/her
salt (no pun intended) will actually measure the water it takes to fill

the
pond. The best way are water meters that can be had for around $50.00

that
will give the exact amount even if water is being used while the filling

is
being done which can be a problem with the bucket/hose method. Worth the
money for a pond this size.
As for books if it was written by Helen Nash you can't go wrong.
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good for a reply

Or check your utility meter before/after you fill the pond the first time.
Toilets and dishwashing etc may add a percent or two to the total, but rains
and/or evaporation will cause the actual volume to fluctuate that much
anyway. $50 will buy a lot of beer for when you need to plant watercress.