Old 22-06-2004, 12:07 AM
Newbie Bill

Default Selecting an efficent pond pump

Hi Pat - I have a Laguna 5000. As I am at least a teeeny bit past my
totally a... retentive stage I can quote only my recollection. Mine travels
about 15 feet, through flex tube to an above ground level of about 3 feet
and my actual flow is around 1100. Not having the experience I dont know,
but there is a very discernable 'leak' through the diverter so if I really
tried to 'fix' it I you may well your 1200 gph. I dont need the gph. It
does have a coarse prefilter which does clog very regular. I now have mine
sitting in a milk crate lined with coarse boars hair filter material, have
removed the pre filter material, but left the filter cage in place, just in
case. For 45 days now (and the algae starts early here) I have not noticed
any discernable loss in gph. www.azponds.com used to have these for a song,
but havent checked lately. If you absolutely positively need that 1200 gph
I suspect this is not for you. I think it is only rate at 1650 or so at 0
or 1'.
This might help.
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas
"Pat" wrote in message
Hi all,

I would like to select an efficient (submersible) pond pump for my pond
(capable of 1200 gph at 4ft head). Unfortunately, most pump specs only

list
a single "power consumption" value without specifying what flow (or head)
that occurs at. What I really need is a power consumption vs. flow (or
head) curve so I can determine the power consumption at my particular
conditions. Is there any way to extrapolate this from typically pump

specs?
Any other sources for this information? I'm currently considering Oase

and
Cyprio models.

Thanks for any help. I appreciate it. -Pat