Old 22-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Bungadora

Default A compost question

: MisNomer

lol... I got one of those too! (Gift for fathers day) reading through the
book
that came with it - dryer lint and hair is considered "brown"...

I have never heard of anyone putting bone meal in their compost, but when I
was
a kid - everything not including leftovers went into the compost pile - (we
had
a big yard).

Hi Liz, I've talked to you a couple of times on the local group, I think.

He said bone meal was necessary for the process to start, and I knew that
wasn't true, but I thought there must be a reason why he would come up with
such a bizarre statement, and soil acidity was the only reason I could think of
for mixing in bone meal.

He also said there are no nice flowers here, which I thought was a bit
presumptuous. There are no bad flowers. Mind you, after a few flings with
exotics, I began to see the benefits of petunias and geraniums. Tough as snot.
Dora