Old 22-06-2004, 08:03 AM
gary davis

Default A compost question

On 6/21/04 3:56 PM, in article ,
"Bungadora" wrote:

gary davis

He said "composting doesn't work"??? Of course it does...g!
It works because everything breaks down...except for Toyotas....

but I
digress. In time all vegetation will break down. We can help it along by
doing certain things. The 'thing' we need to do varies depending on this
that and the other thingie!
Get his email address or tell him about this newsgroup and get him to
communicate here. We can't have people saying composting doesn't work when
we know it does and can help by providing corrective information. And more
importantly, if people believe composting does not work then they will send
all the good stuff to land fills...ouch!

Not worth the effort trying to find him again, although he had the personal
characteristics necessary for a lively career and wide readership on
newsgroups: opinionated, prone to misinterpretation and exaggeration, and
easily insulted by contradiction.

I believe the composter sale was sponsored by the City as part of a program to
reduce landfill, although Calgary has adequate landfill space to meet its
needs
for some time in the future.

Yes, but then what? And then when all the landfills are filled...just
where do we put the 'stuff'?
Oh, send it here, there and the other place...and then what!? Just what
do we do with it? When all the landfills are full?

As for me, my soil has so much clay the earthworms are cyanotic, so I almost
have to compost if I want to garden.

'Cyanotic'? What does this mean?

Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada

PS: Clay can be good because it holds much of the nutrients that plants
need....