Old 22-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Can you help me identify my Bonsai?

Dave,

Welcome. This is the place to say to find out what to
do with your bonsai. I don't have my books here, but
this is a tropical plant, common name false arelia.

First thing is whether the gravel is glued in place
and whether it covers the entire surface or did they
leave a space around the tree wher eyou can feel the
ground.

I haven't had this plant in quite a while and never as
a bonsai. I am sure others will help you with the
care part.

Kitsune Miko

--- Dave Amundson wrote:
I received a Bonsai for Fathers Day and I know
nothing about them. I
have read on the web that the first thing you should
do when starting
out to care for a Bonsai is to find out what kind of
plant you have.
I'm looking for help in this. I have put a photo of
my Bonsai on the
web. Can anybody tell me what kind of Bonsai this
is? Also I would
like any advice you may have for me in the care of
this Bonsai.

http://www.funatcurves.com/bonsai/

Thank in advance for your reply
-Dave Amundson-
Houston, TX

++++Sponsored, in part, by John
Quinn++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

=====
"I was born with a birth defect-- no herd instinct."
Brenda Ueland