Old 22-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Ka30P

Default Crayfish?

I put in two crayfish once.
Then I read up on them.... at least you are doing it in the right order.
Decided that I didn't want them bugging the fish.
I caught one of the crayfish. Other was never seen again so who knows...
As an experiment to see what crayfish really do I put the one I caught in my
son's tank with goldfish and two bullfrog tadpoles.
The only damage I ever saw was one tadpole showed up with a slash in his tail.
The crayfish was very shy and spent all his time in a skull and bones aquarium
toy cave.
When my son's DI team did a skit called under the sea I took the crayfish out
for a trip to his coach's house to serve as a model for the kid sized lobster
costume they made. The crayfish then had babies! He became a her. We were all
thrilled. Unfortunately we weren't able to keep them alive.

kathy :-)
algae primer