Old 22-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Orincs

Default I wish I'd realised how complicated ....

Two years ago, while I was having my garden flattened by a bloody great big
digger, I had a brilliant idea - why don't I get him to dig a lake! No
water table.

Get a liner? Estimated cost £17,000.

A big pond? Liner needs to be joined on site - big cost.

A smaller pond. OK!

Ahhh....

Get some fish? THREE HUNDRED QUID EACH!!!

Smaller fish. OK!

Friend offers 50 free goldfish. Great!!

Water goes dirty green colour - can't see fish!

Another friend says, "buy a filter". Great. EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY
QUID!!!!!

PLEEESE HELP!!! I can't take any more of this.

I'm told I have about 8000 gallons of green water and a surface area of
about 400 sq feet. Can some one suggest the cheapest way of making the
water sparkle. If this means a filter and a pump, then which one -and what
about UV?

Any help would be very much appreciated. It all seemed such a good idea at
the beginning!

Thanks

JIM