Old 23-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Bill Hawk

Default Deer Trouble

John A. Keslick, Jr. wrote:
The more logging the more deer are blamed on for the problem. The true
problem is logging federal public land does not increase forest health but
make parts of the once fertile forest to appear as pathogens. We are the
pathogens.

John,

I would guess you are not in Austin, Texas - what limited cutting of
trees we have in these parts could not be referred to as "logging" under
the best of circumstances.

Clearing cedar and oak for development *may* contribute to the situation
in the manner you suggest, but I don't think any of it is federal public
land.