Old 23-06-2004, 04:05 AM
Ka30P

Default I wish I'd realised how complicated ....

jay wrote I think its more accurate to associate green water with higher pH,
rise
in water temps and available phosphates.

I see what you are getting at.
And that probably is the case in well managed ponds.

But I guess I'm working from the premise that many of the green water problems
random folks come to rec.ponds with are associated with a heavy fish load,
overfeeding and a pond that has a heavy load of organic gunk. Remember that
Wall Street Journal article of a couple years ago? People jumping on the hot
gardening trend of ponds and ending up with a slimey, green mess.

I could be guilty of assuming facts not in evidence ;-)

That said, that's why I put down every conceivable reason and solution to cover
all the bases. Even UV ;-)

kathy :-)
algae primer