Old 23-06-2004, 04:05 AM
gardin

Default lily beetle

Hi,
I just discover this group, and need some advices/opinions.

I learned today that I have lily beetles in my front yard.
I am in Ontario (Can).
What a disgusting creature! Its larvae live in its own excrement!

I visited a local garden center. They adviced me to use Bug-B-Gon
to "drench" around the lily plant, and I can spray Aim (containing
Pyrethrine). What a product! It kills upon contact. But the larvae
have to be picked out by hand!!!!

My question a
1) I have used Aim, I will drench around the plant now and
in the Fall, is that enough to protect the plant? Will they come back
next Spring?
2) Do they cause any harm to neighboring plants/trees/shrubs?

Please advice, and please give details since I am not a flower/plant guy
at all.
Thanks in advance.
Mic -