Old 23-06-2004, 05:06 AM
Connie Clark

Default test

The Laguna Power Jet 5000 I bought a few years ago cost about $5/month
to run. I replaced the pre-filter with an plastic net onion bag. Any
pump will clog fast if you don't clam-shell it in two small baskets
lined with a blue Walmart trimable furnace filter amd enclosed in a
bag made from fiberglass window screen. Set this on a cement block in
the pond and use a hoe[I have a hoe handle with the hook end still on
it] or something to fish it out when cleaning is needed. This pump
runs my 4" waterfall and a fountain. To figure the cost to run a
pump---watts[amps x volts] divided by 1000x KWH cost x 24 hours x 30
days= cost. Good luck.

Thanks for any help. I appreciate it. -Pat