Old 23-06-2004, 06:02 AM
Pen

Default Green worms on my Confederate Rose

If it's not killing your plant then leave it, your plant will recover
when the critter's gone. If it is killing your plant you can also
transplant a few of the caterpillar(s) to another host plant then Bt
the rest. You can also capture it, place in a glass aquarium and feed
it fresh leaves daily, caterpillars are wonderful learning experiences
for kids. Yours might be a gray hairstreak butterfly:

http://www.enature.com/fieldguide/sh...?imageID=17930
http://www.butterflygardeningandcons.../lb/l/gray.php

Other butterfly caterpillars that eat mallow are painted lady (Vanessa
cardui) and checkered skipper (Pyrgus communis). If you want to learn
more do a search to images of their caterpillars. I hope this helps.