Old 23-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Brigitte J.

Default My sweet sweet Rose

"madgardener" wrote in message
Last night my baby dog, Rose was in some kind of distress. Her ears have
been bothering her lately, and Mike had given her the much dreaded bath

the
day before. So I took her into the bathroom and cleaned out her ears and

her
ears didn't seem right.

I put cleaning solution into them, and this upset her, but she was already
in distress for some reason, and I kept finding places where the carpet

was
wet. She kept going to her "safe" place, the bathtub and lying in it, and
then coming back into the livingroom where Mike and I were in a deep
conversation. At one point, she threw up and after I cleaned her foamy

mess
up, she went to the nook and lay down on the floor in son's room. We were
having computer problems and after I convinced son that we both needed to

go
to bed, I looked over at Rose and she was really sick.

It wasn't so bad as it was strange. Thick clear stuff like sinus or
something. So I asked her if she wanted to go out and she slowly got up

and
I let her outside. And then she refused to come in. So we all went to

bed,
and this morning I woke up to Sugar asking me if she could go out please,
and I got up and started to call Rose and there she was. My sweet baby

girl
had come back from wherever she had gone when she slipped out last night,
and lay under my bedroom window and passed on.

The vet says that this is a fluke occurance. That large and deep chested
animals, particularly dogs like Labs and German shepherds and horses
sometimes have something called twisting stomach. The stomach literally
twists on itself and the dog actually suffers horribly, and unless it's
caught immediately, they die of it by drowing in their bile. which is

what
my puppy dawg did last night just outside my window, as close as she could
get to the bedroom she's slept in for the last almost nine years of her
life.

I am numb and so saddened I am beside myself right now. I know this was a
little graphic, but I can't help it. Please know that right now I am not
only in major grief, but I can't get my SHOVEL INTO THE DAMN GROUND,

despite
all the rains to put her in her woods..........so just know that a very

good
dawg has gone on and as I look at Sugar lying there at my feet, all sad

and
searching the rooms for her Alpha mama, she will try to fill these huge

paws
of Roses for me.

madgardener beside herself with grief

So sorry for your loss.