Old 23-06-2004, 07:05 PM
EvelynMcH

Default Strawberries

I used to have a lot of half-eaten fruit, too. You might want to try mulching
around the plants with coffee grounds - I originally did it for slugs, but it
seems that a lot of critters do not like them. I've even had fruit that touches
the grounds/soil that survives being eaten, and that was always the end of any
fruit in the past. Just don't get the grounds on the strawberry leaves - they
will get black spots and eventually die.
-=epm=-

In matters of truth and justice,
there is no difference between large and small problems,
for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.
- Albert Einstein