Old 23-06-2004, 09:08 PM
Orin Hargraves

Default winter squash not maturing

I've planted a winter squash this year called Lakota. The vines are
very productive and healthy looking, but every fruit turns yellow and
withers shortly after the blossom withers. Help! Is this a nutrient
problem? Everything else in the garden is healthy. There are plenty of
insects visiting the blossoms (and plenty of simultaneous male
blossoms) so I don't think it's a pollination problem. At this point I
wonder if I'll have any mature squashes.

Our summer so far (N MD) has been fairly wet, with about average
warmth. Any tips appreciated!

Orin Hargraves