Old 24-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Newbie Bill

Default Few odd Questions Any help appreciated (pond/water couorsebuil...

Hi Mary Kate - I definitely am a newbie so am hoping I can help smooth off a
few rough edges here, from a slightly more objective point of view. First
of all it has been my observation that many or most of the people here come
with their primary reason being to help others through the mistakes and
experiences they have already encountered - they don't shun them, they are
here for them. Sure there is some socializing but how many times have I
seen Ingrid have a response like - '.9 lbs salt per 100 gals and medicated
food.' to a 200 word post. She's here to help. The answer and off to help
someone else. I too have experienced the frustration of having what on our
end is a desperate problem and receiving little response. I think this is
simply because no one knows or if it intend sounds like a desperate problem
no one wants to venture a guess about sick fish and aid in instead killing
them. I have also experienced that when one brings up multiple issues in
one post some tend not to be answered. Again I believe this is partially
because some answers are unknown. I dont know how everyone else does it but
I read the newest posts through google groups and post directly to usenet.
If something like this is common I think it also explains why one part is
answered up one side and down the other and the remainder of the thread is
lost/ignored - because that is the part of the thread that carries on. The
fact that you express frustration tells me, whether you like it or not you
are part of the PORG. I'm sure you will realize what a wonderful and
valuable group this is if you dont let your first impressions taint your
look at the group. I certainly do not speak for the group, but I suspect
they would all say you are right where you should be if you need help with
your pond (most of the time) and 'we' hope you stay.
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

"Mary kate" wrote in message
I'm new here also and I'm also new at ponding. I know how frustrating
it is to need answers and not get any......perhaps were on our own until
we reach (their) levels in ponding. I've found several good
books.......at least with reading books there's no ( how many PORG'S
does it take to get ONE question answered) problems..LOL Wish I could
answer your questions { because I would ...there important to you }
hang in there...you still have a love for ponding, you just have to find
another means for getting your questions answered :-) A BOOK