Old 24-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Newbie Bill

Default Water Lily Holes

Hi Sue, Ingrid and all - I have been having a problem find the 'cure' so
before I continued my search and possibly treat incorrectly thought I'd make
one last check on symptoms. I dont yet have the resources to post a pic,
but the one picture I did see about the moth showed leaves very similar but
with approx. 1/4 holes. Mine have sometimes 50 little light brown very
symetrical marks. To my eye it is not until they turn dark brown sometimes
merge and start to decay that a very small hole about the size of a
hyperdermic can be easily seen. Aside from never seeing any larvae alll the
other description fits, including having seen some rather large moths
nearby, though never close enough to see their markings. Do these symptoms
sound like what you have observed or heard of?
Thanxx again
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas
"Sue Walsh" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message

china mark moth

Yes that's it, thanks.

Bill,
You can pick up one of the little pieces and if it has leaf on both
top and bottom, pry it apart and you will see the worms or
caterpillars inside.

Sue